Sunday, April 10, 2011

FORWARD MARCH

Lazy Sunday.  This Foolish Aesthete was menswear-inspired after viewing another Andrei Tarkovsky art film masterpiece, "Stalker."  Maybe it was the sci-fi and militaristic undertone that made me raid my husband's olive cargo pants.

Husband's bowler hat
Laundry be Shelli Segal shirt
Oilily vest
Gap cargo pants
Juicy Couture buckle platforms
Cloisonne cuff bracelet


Look at the red feathers on the bowler hat!  I think the feathers make the hat.



New York Hat Co. bowler

I'm frolicking in the garden above.  Tarkovsky's "Stalker" is certainly not a frolic.  We see a grim,  post-apocalyptic world.  I wonder if Japan's battles with radiation leaks in Fukushima prompted my viewing ...

A still from Andrei Tarkovsky's "Stalker"

"Stalker's" underlying theme of humanity's need to dream and hope is a survival story in itself.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Fellow Aesthetes, I love hearing your thoughts. I think the other readers find them valuable too! Much love xxx

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...