Wednesday, June 8, 2011

ATTITUDE

This Foolish Aesthete's got Attitude.

This week of winter-in-June weather put me back in turtlenecks.  Subsequently, high heels got set aside in favor of riding boots.  But, unlike an elegant equestrienne's, my steed feels more like a Harley, or at least a rancher's horse.  I mean, I swagger cockily in double-zippered boots.  Equestrienne style meets Zorro.  Perhaps I should elevate this property and name it La Hacienda de Los Gatos.  (For the Spaniards reading this, sorry, I know that was too lofty a translation.)

Have you ever felt that transformation borne of putting on a single item of clothing?








OK, I really don't look as drab as the tough patina suggests (Just me playing with the camera :D ).  The leather coat is buttery and has aged with me since I lived in NYC.  And I can't ever seem to do those trendy slouchy poses.   Too many years of being yelled at in ballet to pull up straight and have shoulders square ... sigh.  I will leave the sexy poses to you younger fashionistas.






Riding Boots: Rosegold "Olwen"
Leather coat: Barneys New York
Fedora: borrowed from my husband
Dangling scarf: Luca Luca
Leather Belt: from India



19 comments:

  1. You look fantastic and feraless in "lA HACIENDA DE LOS GATOS".
    Besos.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the coat withe dangling scarf..great photos..you are really good with the camera:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this. thanks for another amazing post love. please swing by to see pics of my latest celebrity trend report. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so know the feeling of a piece of clothing changing your entire mood! The boots you're wearing would totally do that to me - they're so cool! Definitely Zorro, for sure.

    Thanks for visiting us, looking forward to future posts!

    -j, your newest follower :)
    sorelle in style

    ReplyDelete
  5. this outfit is totally fantastic! it reminds me of a fierce annie hall! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look. Amazing!

    xx
    Heel in Mint

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Everyone!
    @Songbird - I kept thinking of a lasso/lariat with the ranchero connection, and ended up with a scarf instead ;-)
    @Hope - I love the Annie Hall thought! She (or Diane Keaton) had such iconic style.
    @Sorelle - welcome and we'll see you around too
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you look fabulous. Love this look. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. that coat is so beautiful!!wow love it:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, I do see a bit of equestrian Zorro and it's a good look! Love the boots and the coat. I know what you mean about the slouch. I used to take ballet classes too and have had a straight back ever since!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo I can imagine your felling, they are really pretty! Enjoy them!

    XOXO
    http://bohemianbubbles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome outfit! Love love love the boots!

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely style!
    http://it-blogirls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. magnifique silhouette! and this leather coat has a lot of style.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look great ... love the riding boots!

    xox Lexi
    Glitter & Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the hat! really adds a lot of personality to a look. x

    ReplyDelete

Dear Fellow Aesthetes, I love hearing your thoughts. I think the other readers find them valuable too! Much love xxx

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...